Hunspell is a spell checker and morphological analyzer library and program designed for languages with rich morphology and complex word compounding or character encoding. It is based on MySpell and features an Ispell-like terminal interface using Curses library, an Ispell pipe interface and an OpenOffice.org UNO module.
- Unicode support (first 65535 Unicode characters)
- morphological analysis (in custom item and arrangement style)
- Max. 65535 affix classes and twofold affix stripping (for agglutinative languages, like Azeri, Basque, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Turkish, etc.)
- Support complex compoundings (for example, Hungarian and German)
- Support language specific algorithms (for example, handling Azeri and Turkish dotted i, or German sharp s)
- Handling conditional affixes, circumfixes, fogemorphemes, forbidden words, pseudoroots and homonyms.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS xenial/main: Version 1.3.3-4ubuntu1 introduced
- Merge with Debian; remaining changes:
- libhunspell-1.3-0: Add breaks/replaces to libhunspell-1.3-0v5; can be dropped after xenial.
- Mark the library packages as M-A: same.